Approved Photographers and Portrait Guidelines
PORTRAIT DRESS CODE
The Board of Trustees of the Santa Maria Joint Union High school District has approved the following dress code for senior portraits to be included in the yearbook.
Not considered suitable for publication are, but not limited to, the following:
- Others in the picture with the senior: no children, spouses, friends, or relatives
- Attire which is not neat, clean and non-disruptive
- Hats or any head covering / head gear
- Clothing which does not cover the chest and upper torso
- Any apparel with rips or holes
- Visible tattoos
- Weapons of any kind
- Anything that promotes, advertises, implies or suggests the useof drugs, alcohol or tobacco
- Obscenity or lewdness
- Anything that is inflammatory in regard to race, religion or heritage
- Anything that identifies, promotes or relates to gangs or gang affiliation
Seniors and their parents may choose to have portraits taken by a photographer of their choice, however only those photos taken by a photographer on the approved list below and following the specifications listed above will be included in the yearbook. Please review this lists and keep these guidelines in mind when you schedule senior pictures.